Protect yourself from eye allergies!
Spring is coming and with it beautiful and pretty flowers! These make the eyes of some happy, but for others they are synonymous with eye irritation, dryness or allergies.
- What is an eye allergy?
Eye allergy is an abnormal reaction that occurs in the eye. When in contact with an often foreign substance. This is an excessive reaction so that we speak of "hypersensitivity" but beware it is only a temporary allergy which is generally triggered in the spring.
- What causes this allergy?
The most frequent cases are due to pollen ; this is why the allergic phenomenon is triggered in the spring because the flowers, the trees bloom.
- What are the signs of this allergy?
The signs of this allergy are:
- swollen eyes
- itchy eyes
- crying eyes
- A few tips ...
- Close the windows in your home.
- Use humidifiers or air conditioners.
- Wash your hands regularly and dry them with a cloth towel.
- As soon as you get home, take a shower and change your clothes because the pollen seeps everywhere!
- Do not go near parks and flower gardens (avoid flowering trees).
- And for contact lens wearers?
If you wear contact lenses. It is very important to follow the cleaning instructions recommended by your optician to avoid all kinds of risks. Indeed, an eye wearing lenses is more sensitive to redness and eye irritation .
- Alternate the use of contact lenses with prescription glasses .
- Wear sunglasses over your contact lenses as often as possible.
- Avoid TOUCHING or RUBTING your eyelids with your hands.
- Do not wear makeup in the eye.
- Do not wear lenses other than those prescribed by your optician.
- If your eyes itch, remove the lenses immediately.