Undetected visual fault:
Many of us have a visual problem even sometimes without realizing it! For some, this visual deficit may be slight and following daily activities barely noticeable. On the other hand, for others, it is more important, but these people who have become accustomed to "seeing badly" think that they see well!
Extremely weak eyesight problems are common. The eye and brain get used to this deficiency, which is why the vast majority go uncorrected. But most of these people suffer from side effects: headaches, trouble concentrating, itchy eyes...
How do I know if I can't see well:
Here is a quick little test in which we will ask you a few simple questions to find out if you have excellent eyesight or if you should consult an ophthalmologist.
- A. When I drive, I see traffic signs
- From a distance, I have no problem.
- I have to wait a bit to see them clearly.
- I don't see them until I'm on their level, it's a big effort
- B. Reading a book or looking at the phone...:
- I can see it well at 35-40 cm.
- I have to get him away, it's hard for me to see him up close.
- I have to bring it close to my face to see it well.
- C. When I study or spend some time in front of a computer, when I read:
- I see well, but I get tired and often have headaches
- I see blurry, I tire very quickly and work requires a lot of effort.
- I have no problem seeing well.
- D. I watch television:
- Very close to see the screen well.
- I don't care, I can see pretty well from almost everywhere.
- I am not too far nor not too close.
- E. When doing precision work:
- Usually I have a headache.
- I have no difficulty seeing.
- I have trouble seeing up close.
- A. 1) 0 2) 2 3) 5
- B. 1) 0 2) -5 3) 5
- C. 1) 2 2) -5 3) 0
- D. 1) 5 2) 0 3) 2
- E. 1) - 2 2) 0 3) -5
Results: now add or subtract the points from each answer.
If the total is negative you have a tendency to farsightedness , ie you have difficulty seeing near objects. However, your eye manages to compensate for this problem, which causes headaches, eye fatigue and often difficulty concentrating.
If the total is positive you are certainly myopic ; people with myopia have difficulty seeing from afar and have excellent near vision.
Hyperopia and presbyopia are two common and often confused visual defects; indeed their symptoms may be similar.
Both generally cause headaches, eye fatigue or even general fatigue, difficulty seeing well up close, and generally distant objects are clear while near objects are blurry. These symptoms are identical and their explanations are different.