There are two types of dark circles, brown; linked to a natural overproduction of melanin. The eye contour is darker, in shades ranging from golden to brown. Hereditary, these dark circles are more common in Mediterranean skin.
And those more bluish; they are linked to poor blood circulation often induced by fatigue.
The Christmas holidays are fast approaching. You have no inspiration, no gift ideas for your loved ones? Varionet helps you find the perfect gift for your family.
An original customizable Christmas gift for each of your loved ones
Sight is, among our 5 senses , the one we use the most. But how do you protect your eyesight in summer with the intensity of the sun? Our eyes are fragile and need to be taken care of.
What are the risks of the sun for your eyes?
On the front of the eye is the cornea, it protects the eyes from UV from the sun .
Do you want to take part in the July 14 festivities by setting off fireworks or firecrackers? Don't overlook a few easy-to-apply security measures .
Indeed each year at this time, several explosion victims are received at the ophthalmological emergency room for ocular lesions which may be superficial but very painful. The most serious lesions can even create intraocular hemorrhages or severe contusion of the eyeball.
So what precautions should you take before setting off your own fireworks?
- Make sure that the fireworks purchased bear the CE mark.
- Make sure you have a clear space of at least 50m in diameter around the shooting area.
- Plant the rockets well in the ground, do not put them in bottles .
- Check that there are no electrical obstacles in the path of the projectiles.
- Install your spectators at a sufficient safety distance.
- Do not lean over explosives when firing and wearprotective eyewear .
- If one of them does not work, do not try to turn it back on. Sprinkle it with water.
- Never let children do the firing .
The Varionet team wishes you happy and safe summer festivities!
The good weather is back and we are taking advantage of the weekends in May to garden, clear brush, do some DIY…
Many traumas, shocks or eye injuries are counted each year and about 50% of them occur at home.
Be safe also at home:
For most of us, safety glasses or goggles rhyme with professional environment
In the mountains, in winter, whether you are skiing or snowshoeing, sun protection is essential for the skin, but also for the eyes .
Effects of altitude on vision
In elevation , the reverberation increases the luminosity , which generates a significant discomfort (glare).
A cloudy sky absorbs the brightness but allows 90% of UV to pass through . As for your skin, these harmful rays can cause real "sunburn" (ophthalmia of the eyes*), but also affect the cornea (cataract) and the retina (AMD).
In fact, UV rays are less filtered by the atmosphere: the higher the altitude, the greater the amount of UV . In addition, the sun is reflected on the snow, a very reflective surface, because it reflects 80 to 95% of UV rays (while in comparison, sand only reflects 20%).
Glasses in the mountains
The choice of your glasses in the mountains:
– A curved frame , covering but ventilated (to avoid fogging).
– A lens with good optical qualities (no deformation), impact resistant, category 3 or 4 (so as not to be dazzled). There are photochromic lenses, which allow you to go from category 3 to 4, or 2 to 4. The lenses can be treated anti-reflection on the inside to eliminate dazzling reflections. Finally, one can consider the use of polarizing lenses .
– The color of the glass provides a visual effect:
Grey: for all weather
Yellow-orange: for days with dazzling sunshine
Brown: for cloudy days (increases contrast and provides better perception of relief and depth of field)
The color of the glass is not a guarantee of protection: only 100% UV protection guarantees optimal protection .
Watch out for children!
As for their skin, finer and more fragile, you have the total screen reflex, do not skip wearing glasses or a mask.
The first Oakley store in Italy opened in Piazzale Cadorna, Milan . It is a mono-brand store , very high-tech and highlighting Oakley 's offer, from glasses to clothing , including more technological items, such as " Radar Pace ", smart glasses equipped with headphones, sensors and microphones. These have the particularity of coaching you in real time , thanks to its sensors and the integrated microphone.