Visual disturbances at work
8 out of 10 employees say they feel visual discomfort and eye disorders at work . Headaches, dry eyes, neck stiffness, glare and visual fatigue are the various symptoms. Many of them take up to 5 breaks per day to rest the vision. Of the more than alarming figures which endanger the eyesight of employees as well as the economy of companies.
There are two types of dark circles, brown; linked to a natural overproduction of melanin. The eye contour is darker, in shades ranging from golden to brown. Hereditary, these dark circles are more common in Mediterranean skin.
And those more bluish; they are linked to poor blood circulation often induced by fatigue.
Following the reconfinement and government requests, many are working from their living room or bedroom. This is how eyes are on the various producers of blue light : telephone screen, computer, television… Staring at these screens all day can be harmful to our physical and mental health and to our eyes, essential organs of our balance.
This is why it is essential to take care of your eyes in order to relieve the ocular stress and visual fatigue caused.
Good to know: the "traditional" artificial tungsten light mainly emitted red radiation.
Work, re-entry and eyestrain
The month of September is here, synonymous with back to school and this is a sign that the holidays are beautiful and well over! Summer is coming to an end and autumn is on its way. We have to adapt to the days that are getting shorter and it is common for eyestrain to appear. No more idleness, little naps, the daily routine is back with the long hours spent in front of digital devices and paperwork.
Back to school is coming and your eyes are already tired!
The lights follow each other and are not alike: after filling up with vitamin A under the sun arrive the rays of blue light emitted by your computer , smartphone and other digital devices.
Blue light , everyone talks about it; it is present everywhere! First in the natural light emitted by the sun , in this case "normal" exposure is strongly recommended for its beneficial effects for humans.
Chloé, a pioneering brand !
Chloé is a French brand created by Gaby Aghion in 1952 to dress modern and active women.
Chloé combines the requirements of haute couture with those of ready-to-wear. It is the precursor of luxury ready-to-wear. Her clothes are supple, Mediterranean-inspired with natural, fluid and refined colors. Beautiful silk, lace or chiffon fabrics are used for original models.
Undetected visual fault:
Many of us have a visual problem even sometimes without realizing it! For some, this visual deficit may be slight and following daily activities barely noticeable. On the other hand, for others, it is more important, but these people who have become accustomed to "seeing badly" think that they see well!
Extremely weak eyesight problems are common. The eye and brain get used to this deficiency, which is why the vast majority go uncorrected. But most of these people suffer from side effects: headaches, trouble concentrating, itchy eyes...
How do I know if I can't see well:
Here is a quick little test in which we will ask you a few simple questions to find out if you have excellent eyesight or if you should consult an ophthalmologist.
- A. When I drive, I see traffic signs
- From a distance, I have no problem.
- I have to wait a bit to see them clearly.
- I don't see them until I'm on their level, it's a big effort
- B. Reading a book or looking at the phone...:
- I can see it well at 35-40 cm.
- I have to get him away, it's hard for me to see him up close.
- I have to bring it close to my face to see it well.
- C. When I study or spend some time in front of a computer, when I read:
- I see well, but I get tired and often have headaches
- I see blurry, I tire very quickly and work requires a lot of effort.
- I have no problem seeing well.
- D. I watch television:
- Very close to see the screen well.
- I don't care, I can see pretty well from almost everywhere.
- I am not too far nor not too close.
- E. When doing precision work:
- Usually I have a headache.
- I have no difficulty seeing.
- I have trouble seeing up close.
- A. 1) 0 2) 2 3) 5
- B. 1) 0 2) -5 3) 5
- C. 1) 2 2) -5 3) 0
- D. 1) 5 2) 0 3) 2
- E. 1) - 2 2) 0 3) -5
Results: now add or subtract the points from each answer.
If the total is negative you have a tendency to farsightedness , ie you have difficulty seeing near objects. However, your eye manages to compensate for this problem, which causes headaches, eye fatigue and often difficulty concentrating.
If the total is positive you are certainly myopic ; people with myopia have difficulty seeing from afar and have excellent near vision.
Why Buy Anti-Glare Glasses?
Anti-reflective lens technology helps eliminate light reflections that interfere with vision . Light sources, whether natural or artificial, cause reflections on the glasses which can be uncomfortable for our eyes, reduce the quality of our vision and are disturbing for our interlocutor who sees himself as in a mirror...
As such, a survey conducted on visual health shows that 75 to 80% of spectacle wearers prefer to wear anti-reflective glasses. However, only 58% are willing to bear the additional cost of these treatments.
Certainly, if they were better informed about the advantages of this type of glasses, they would bet on this purchase, since the visual quality will ostensibly improve.
What are the benefits of anti-reflective glasses?
- They reduce eyestrain and avoid problems such as itchy eyes, red eyes, itching...
- Unlike simple glasses, scratches, micro-scratches occur less.
- They improve the contrast: the colors, the contours are clearer.
- They make the glasses easier to clean. Most treatments usually incorporate a hydrophobic and dirt-repellent filter. Thus , the droplets are less annoying.
- They reduce reflections and glare during night driving caused by other cars' headlights, as well as ambient lighting. With anti-glare more safe driving! Remember that 90% of the information we use while driving comes from vision. It is therefore essential that they are as perfect as possible.
- They eliminate almost all reflections (up to 99%). Thus, they are more transparent not only for the user, but also for the interlocutor.
- If you work in front of a computer, choose blue light blocking glasses . Their specific treatment will eliminate screen reflections, protect your eyes from the harmful effects of blue light and allow you to be more efficient. Some errors may be due to thoughts that trouble us for reading and especially less fatigue at the end of the day.
And a downside: the price?
The only downside is the price, as these glasses are a bit more expensive than the basic ones. Even so, it is worth choosing a less expensive frame and investing in anti-reflective lenses that will undoubtedly improve our visual quality and ocular comfort .
On Varionet we offer you for only 30€ extra on all our reading glasses * a powerful anti-reflective anti-blue light treatment.
Digital devices are part of everyday life which induces a redistribution of the five senses; Indeed hearing, taste, touch and smell lose importance compared to sight .
It is common for users of digital screens (smartphones, tablets, computers , e-readers) to experience visual discomfort related to fatigue : tearing, headaches, feeling of heaviness, blurred or fluctuating vision, irritated eyes, neck pain and back, feeling of dust in the eyes, etc.
One of these symptoms bothers you, you can blame your devices!
Nearly 90% of users spend two or more hours looking at a digital device per day. One in 10 people spend nearly 75% of their waking hours staring at a screen, and our eyes aren't made for that!
After 40 years with the onset of presbyopia, focusing in near vision is increasingly complex, it generates problematic reading and eye fatigue which is accentuated by the use of screens and blue light emissions. Not handling these tools has become impossible, which is why we offer you some solutions to relieve this fatigue
- The 20/20 rule: every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break while looking away
- Position your screen correctly to avoid reflections and induced glare.
- Place your screen a good distance from your eyes: the palm of your hand should touch the screen with your arm extended.
- Wear special computer and anti-blue light reading glasses :
Varionet offers computer glasses equipped with degressive lenses designed for digital life. With corrections from +1.00 to +3.50, these are the ideal computer glasses for presbyopia, you can read, see your screen or your colleague with a single pair of glasses ! For more comfort, opt for the Cool Blue anti-blue light anti-reflective coating. Anti-blue light presbyopic glasses improve contrast, reduce visual fatigue, protect you from UV and toxic blue-violet radiation.
Whatever your desires, your budget, you will find the pair of computer reading glasses that suits you...